Let's make great games together!
Airship is located in sunny, thriving Austin, Texas. If you have experience making games and want to work on compelling, creative multi-platform titles, this might be the place for you.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Full health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Profit sharing
- Generous PTO
- Office movie lunches
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Work on a small team of experienced devs with a lively atmosphere
If this all sounds good, then read on.
Mid to Senior Environment Artist
If you love crafting other-worldly environments and have the experience to prove it, read on!
- Creation of stylish, hand-painted art assets using both traditional and current techniques
- Utilization of 3DS Max or Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and other related tools to author world assets
- World building in Unreal Engine to bring grey-box environments to life, including asset placement, lighting, placing VFX, and so on.
- Ensure all assets or world-built environments are efficient and meet technical requirements
- Work closely with designers to iterate on and finalize level layouts
- Work with art leadership to review, critique and iterate on work
- 5+ years of experience, demonstrating the above responsibilities in action
- Proficiency creating hand-painted textures
- Familiarity with the usual tools of the trade: modeling tools, game engines, source control, and so on.
- At least one shipped title on PC and consoles
- A keen willingness to adapt work as design iterates or evolves
- A do-whatever-it-takes mindset: whether it's creating assets, world building, lighting, helping with atmospherics... just make the game look awesome, full stop.
- Must be immediately eligible to work in the United States
- Titles shipped using Unreal